The most practical first step in this is journaling. I tell this to all my clients. One simple way to start is to write at the top of a piece of paper - "What does my heart most need from me today?" And just write whatever comes as an answer. You can try many different variants of that question to find the one that works for you, for example:
- What does my heart most want to say right now?
- What is my heart feeling right now?
- What does my heart envision for me?
- What makes my heart sing?
- What does my heart most want to express?
- What does my heart want to do at work?
If you are not having this dialogue regularly you are missing out on possibly the most important information you have inside yourself. As you connect with your heart, your spirit comes through into your physical life, and into your work. You become the Spiritual Leader we all need you to be.